If you are ready to make a difference at a growing company, apply today!
Seeking 1st and 2nd shift Paint Line Operators to load parts for processing in dipping tanks that immerse and coat articles with liquids such as paint to meet customer specifications.
Full Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability insurance, Company paid Life insurance, Company matched 401k plan and several optional coverage plans.
Monthly Attendance Bonus
Quarterly Safety and Quality Bonus
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Birthday Holiday
Paid Community Volunteer time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects all product at beginning, during and end of process for defects and quality issues that will affect the visual aspects and performance of the coating.
- Works as a team to ensure all coating materials meet customer specifications with regard to quality.
- Loads and unloads castings on the line, selecting and using proper hooks and hangers.
- Assists in equipment setup which includes lining drip trays with plastic, hook changeovers, moving tanks and pans, stir tank contents manually or with mixer, add materials for proper consistency, vacuum barrels.
- Assesses position of parts to ensure paint puddles are captured and excess paint removed with brush.
- Communicates to operators further up the line when defects are noted so correction can be made.
- Positions completed product on skids and/or in containers per customer specifications.
- May help out in other areas of the plant.
- Regular attendance and other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required. Solid work ethic and attention to detail a must.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Online Employment Application
- Part/Full Time: Full Time
- Wage/Salary: $13.00
- Posted: Feb. 11, 2019